Event at a Glance
- Race Date: 5 August, 2013
- Half Marathon Start: 8:30am
- Start Line: St Stephen’s Green South
- Finish Line: Earlsfort Terrace
- Course Information
- Scenic city centre course highlighting Dublin’s famous sites
- Live, local bands along the course
- Technical Participant T-Shirt
- Fantastic Finisher’s Medal
- Swag Bag
- Plentiful Course Support, including Sports Drink and energy gel
- Free Admission to the Finish Line Festival
How to Register
Registering is easy! You may register for the Rock ‘n’ Roll Dublin Half Marathon in two ways:
- Register Online
- Request an entry form by mail. Please contact us and we will be happy to mail a form to you. All registrations submitted by paper entry form will be charged a €5 Green Fee for processing. We do not accept phone entries.
Please enter only once. If you register online, do not mail a hard copy. Do not send multiple online entries.
While picking up your packet, check out the Health & Fitness Expo on Saturday and Sunday! Free and open to the public, the festival will feature several exhibitors with free samples, the latest in running gear, sports apparel, health & nutritional information and much more. Pick up some last-minute race essentials before race day and be sure to visit the Official Souvenir Store.
All runners must visit the expo to pick up their race number, swag bag and t-shirt. Packet Pick Up date and location is as follows:
- Date: Saturday and Sunday, 3-4 August, 2013
- Location: Burlington Hotel
- Open Hours:
- Saturday & Sunday
- Free Admission: Open to the public
Packet Pick Up
There is no Packet Pick Up on Race Day. Please attend the 2-Day Health & Fitness Expo to retrieve your race number, timing tag, technical t-shirt, and swag bag.
Mylaps Bib Tag
You will use the MYLAPS BibTag for the electronic registration of your time. At the back of your race number you can find a chip (the tag) and a foam pad. Please read the following instructions to receive your correct time after the race.
Tips to guarantee your correct chip timing:
- Carry the race number on the chest so everyone can see your number. Don’t cover this number with a jacket or with your hands/arms when you run over the timing mats. Please pay attention when you use a (stop)watch on the start and finish mats.
- Never fold or damage this number. Especially on the location of the BibTag.
- Use four (4) safety pins on the corners of the number. Do not damage or perforate the BibTag.
- Do not remove the foam pad on the BibTag.
- If you own a personal MYLAPS ChampionChip, you can just leave it on your shoe. It will not influence your BibTag timing.
After the race you can take the race number (including BibTag) as a memory or souvenir, or you can throw it away at the normal garbage collection (plastic).
The start line corral system allows for a smooth race start for participants of varying levels. Based on the estimated finish time that you provide on your race entry form, you are assigned a race number and corresponding corral, with other participants of similar running pace.
Making Corral Changes
To move back to a slower corral, simply start in that corral on race morning. No official corral change is necessary. If your training has gone better than expected, and you would like to move up to a faster corral, pick up your race pack (which contains your race number) at the Health & Fitness Expo and then proceed to the “Corral Change” table to be re-assigned to the appropriate corral.
In an effort to provide every one of our participants with as comfortable a run as possible, a Wave Start will be incorporated for Rock ‘n’ Roll Dublin.
Participants are assigned to an appropriate corral based on the projected finishing time submitted on their entry form. Typically, there are multiple waves assigned to several of the finishing times. All spectators should be aware of this when organizing their viewing schedule for the day.
- When the gun fires, the first corral will be released. The rest of the participants will be held at the start line.
- At pre-determined intervals the next corral will be released.
- By using this staggered starting method, the pack will be spread out and allow every runner to settle into their racing rhythm from the first step right to the finish line.
Before you enter your assigned corral, drop-off your pre-race/post-race clothing and belongings at the Gear Check (better known as “Bag Drop” for European runners!). While you run, your gear will be held at Gear Check.
Each participant will receive a large, durable swag bag at the Health & Fitness Expo when you pick up your packet, this will serve as your gear bag on race day. The Gear Check marquee will be arranged alphabetically near the Start Line. Attach your gear tag to your gear bag before you leave it with the Gear Check crew. After the race, reclaim your checked bag at the designated Gear Check area.
Please note: DO NOT leave valuables, cash or jewelry in your gear bag. The event is not responsible for any lost items. Gear bags must be claimed before close of the Finish Line Festival on race day.
The official race course will feature a scenic tour of the city centre, passing many famous landmarks and showcasing the city’s natural charm.
Additional course information will be added as it becomes available.
Since 1986 PowerBar has provided energy for endurance athletes as the leading sports nutrition company in the world.From world class professionals to First timers athletes of all levels trust our products.
PowerBar: you´re stronger than you think!
Location: Earlsfort Terrace
Getting to the finish line – Local trams, buses, walking, etc. Finish Line located in city centre. More info on Parking coming soon.
The Secure Zone - Once you cross the finish line, you’ll enter the Secure Zone, a fenced off area designated for participants only. In the Secure Zone, you’ll have your photo taken, refuel with water and refreshments and receive your finisher’s medal. Once you leave the Secure Zone, you cannot re-enter. Just outside of the Secure Zone, you can retrieve your gear bag and join family and friends for the Finish Line Festival.
Information Booths/ Lost & Found - An Information Booth will be positioned at the start and finish to assist you with any race day questions and help you find your way. The Information Booth will also serve as the race day Lost & Found. Any valuables found at the start or finish should be turned in to the Information Booth.
Any valuable items NOT claimed at the finish by 3 pm will be sent back to our office. To claim a lost item after the event, please contact us.
Medical Team – The Medical Team is a group of volunteer multidisciplinary medical personnel dedicated to acting as a team to provide rapid assessment of medical needs and to administer acute first aid and immediate services to the runners. More information
Finish Line Festival
After the race, reunite with family and friends and relish in your post race accomplishment with refreshments and live music at the finish line stage.
Finish Line Festival Timeline – TBC
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, you may not give or sell your race number to anyone else, and you may not transfer your entry fee to future races.
- If you attempt to sell your race number, you may be banned from future Competitor Group events for three years.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate in the Half Marathon.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenge of a Half Marathon.
- You must show photo ID to receive your race number and timing chip.
- You must pick up your own race packet and race number at the Health & Fitness Expo.
- Race numbers are required to participate.
- No coaches, bikes, in-line skates, skateboards, baby joggers or dogs will be allowed on the course.
Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Sorry, no exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. You also may not transfer your application to the following year or another Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series event.
To ensure that roads reopen to vehicular traffic at the scheduled times, the course time limit of 3.5 hours will be STRICTLY ENFORCED. Participants must maintain a pace of approximately 16 minutes per mile, or faster than this in order to complete the race on closed city streets. Please note – this is timing chip time, not gun time. The course time limit will begin when the last participant and Tail Vehicle cross the start line.
If a participant’s pace falls below the course time limit, they have a few options:
- Increase their pace to stay within the event minimum pace;
- Board a “sag wagon” shuttle to move forward on the course, where they may continue to participate in the event, maintaining the minimum pace required; or
- If at any time a participant drops behind the tail vehicle, the participant will be given a wrist band by the tail vehicle steward and informed that they can continue the race as an active pedestrian with the roads reopened as usual. Runners will be asked to move over the side of the road or the footpath in this instance. Runners will be able to finish the race as normal even if they are presented with a wrist band.
- Start: 8:30am St Stephen’s Green South
- Finish: Earlsfort Terrace
- 3rd & 4th August 2013
- Location: Burlington Hotel – Dublin
- Date: 3rd & 4th August 2013
- Expo Hours: 11am-5pm Saturday & Sunday