Event at a Glance
- Race Date: TBC for 2015
- Half Marathon Start: TBC
- Start Line: Corner of North Wall Quay & Castleforbes Rd, Dublin, Ireland
- Finish Line: Chesterfield Avenue, Phoenix Park, Dublin, Ireland
- Course Information: See ‘Course Map‘
- Parking & Shuttles Information
- Fun Run Information
- Scenic city centre course highlighting Dublin’s famous sites
- Live, local bands along the course
- Technical Participant T-Shirt
- Fantastic Finisher’s medal
- Swag Bag
- Plentiful Course Support, including Sports Drink and Power Bar energy gel
- Free Admission to the Finish Line Festival
- Free Shuttle Bus to Dublin City Centre (subject to terms and conditions)
How to Register
Registering is easy! You may register for the Rock ‘n’ Roll Dublin Half Marathon in two ways:
- Register Online
- Request an entry form by mail. Please contact us and we will be happy to mail a form to you. All registrations submitted by paper entry form will be charged a €5 Green Fee for processing. We do not accept phone entries.
Please enter only once. If you register online, do not mail a hard copy. Do not send multiple online entries.
While picking up your packet, check out the Health & Fitness Expo on Saturday and Sunday! Free and open to the public, the festival will feature several exhibitors with free samples, the latest in running gear, sports apparel, health & nutritional information and much more. Pick up some last-minute race essentials before race day and be sure to visit our Official Merchandise Store.
All runners must visit the expo to pick up their race number, swag bag and t-shirt. Packet Pick Up date and location is as follows:
- Date: Saturday and Sunday, 2-3 August, 2014
- Location: RDS, Anglesea Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, Ireland in the Serpentine Hall
- Open Hours:
- Saturday & Sunday
- Free Admission: Open to the public
Packet Pick Up
There is no Half Marathon Packet Pick Up on Race Day. Please attend the 2-Day Health & Fitness Expo at RDS to retrieve your race number, timing tag, Brooks technical t-shirt, and swag bag.
Mylaps Bib Tag
You will use the MYLAPS BibTag for the electronic registration of your time. At the back of your race number you can find a chip (the tag) and a foam pad. Please read the following instructions to receive your correct time after the race.
Tips to guarantee your correct chip timing:
- Carry the race number on the chest so everyone can see your number. Don’t cover this number with a jacket or with your hands/arms when you run over the timing mats. Please pay attention when you use a (stop)watch on the start and finish mats.
- Never fold or damage this number. Especially on the location of the BibTag.
- Use four (4) safety pins on the corners of the number. Do not damage or perforate the BibTag.
- Do not remove the foam pad on the BibTag.
- If you own a personal MYLAPS ChampionChip, you can just leave it on your shoe. It will not influence your BibTag timing.
After the race you can take the race number (including BibTag) as a memory or souvenir, or you can throw it away in normal garbage collection (plastic).
The start line corral system allows for a smooth race start for participants of varying levels. Based on the estimated finish time that you provide on your race entry form, you are assigned a race number and corresponding corral, with other participants of similar running pace.
Making Corral Changes
To move back to a slower corral, simply start in that corral on race morning. No official corral change is necessary. If your training has gone better than expected, and you would like to move up to a faster corral, pick up your race pack (which contains your race number) at the Health & Fitness Expo and then proceed to the “Corral Change” table to be re-assigned to the appropriate corral.
In an effort to provide every one of our participants with as comfortable a run as possible, a Wave Start will be incorporated for Rock ‘n’ Roll Dublin.
Participants are assigned to an appropriate corral based on the projected finishing time submitted on their entry form. Typically, there are multiple waves assigned to several of the finishing times. All spectators should be aware of this when organizing their viewing schedule for the day.
- When the gun fires, the first corral will be released. The rest of the participants will be held at the start line.
- At pre-determined intervals the next corral will be released.
- By using this staggered starting method, the pack will be spread out and allow every runner to settle into their racing rhythm from the first step right to the finish line.
Before you enter your assigned corral, drop-off your pre-race/post-race clothing and belongings at the Gear Check (better known as “Bag Drop” for European runners!). While you run, your gear will be held at Gear Check and transported to the Finish Line for collection after the race.
Each participant will receive a large, durable swag bag at the Health & Fitness Expo when you pick up your packet, this will serve as your gear bag on race day. The Gear Check trucks will be arranged alphabetically near the Start Line. Attach your gear tag to your gear bag before you leave it with the volunteers at Gear Check. While you’re running, your bag will be transported to the finish area in Phoenix Park. After the race, reclaim your checked bag at the designated Gear Check area.
Please note: DO NOT leave valuables, cash or jewelry in your gear bag. The event is not responsible for any lost items. Gear bags must be claimed before close of the Finish Line Festival on race day.
CEP Pacer Information
Pacer breakdown with their flag colour here.
Get ready to rock Dublin on August 4! NEW course. Same old toe-tapping, head-banging, air-guitaring goodness of a race route lined with live bands and entertainment. Starting in Dublin’s Docklands area, running along the north side of the Liffey River, runners are in for a treat as they pass all of the fan favorites! After crossing over Memorial Bridge onto the south side, the route passes the famous Ha’Penny bridge (cue the photo opps!), Christ Church Cathedral, Brazen Head Pub (Ireland’s oldest pub), James Joyce Museum, and of course, no tour of Dublin would be complete without… the Guinness Brewery. Although, the smell of hops and barley will be fleeting, as runners continue on past the Royal Hospital and Kilmainham Gaol into Phoenix Park, one of the largest walled city parks in Europe. It’s there that the journey turns scenic as the route winds its way through the lush park, taking in the Wellington Monument, the Papal Cross, the President’s House (Áras an Uachtaráin) and the famous Dublin Zoo, finishing with a rockin’ concert in the park! Run hard, play hard in Dublin this summer… this is one run you simply can’t miss!
- Time Limit- 3.5 hrs- 16 min/mile.
- See Course Map here.
View course support info here.
Since 1986 PowerBar has provided energy for endurance athletes as the leading sports nutrition company in the world.From world class professionals to First timers athletes of all levels trust our products.
PowerBar: you’re stronger than you think!
Powerbar gel flavours:
Gel: Mango-Passionfruit with Guarana and PowerGel Hydro Orange
MarathonFoto ® is the official photographer of the event, and the photos will be placed on www.marathonfoto.com
Deep RiverRock on Course
Water supplied by Deep RiverRock
Location: Chesterfield Avenue, Phoenix Park
Getting to the finish line – Local trams, buses, or bikes will be your best means of travel to the finish line. The Finish Line is located in Phoenix Park. Click here for more information on Parking & Shuttle Information
Please note: there will be FREE shuttles for runners from the Finish Line back to city centre following the race. The shuttles will depart at frequent intervals. Race numbers and/or tickets are required. Each runner will receive one free ticket for a family member or friend at teh Health & Fitness Expo. Additional tickets can be purchased for €2 at the Health & Fitness Expo.
The Secure Zone - Once you cross the finish line, you’ll enter the Secure Zone, a fenced off area designated for participants only. In the Secure Zone, you’ll have your photo taken, refuel with water and refreshments and receive your finisher’s medal. Once you leave the Secure Zone, you cannot re-enter. Just outside of the Secure Zone, you can retrieve your gear bag and join family and friends for the Finish Line Festival.
Information Booths/ Lost & Found - An Information Booth will be positioned at the start and finish to assist you with any race day questions and help you find your way. The Information Booth will also serve as the race day Lost & Found. Any valuables found at the start or finish should be turned in to the Information Booth.
Any valuable items NOT claimed at the finish by 3 pm will be sent back to our office. To claim a lost item after the event, please contact us.
Medical Team – The Medical Team is a group of volunteer multidisciplinary medical personnel dedicated to acting as a team to provide rapid assessment of medical needs and to administer acute first aid and immediate services to the runners. More information
Medal Engraving- We know you are going to ROCK your race. Make sure to stop by our medal engraving marquee at the finish line to instantly add your official time to your blingin’ medal! It’s 10€. Cash only.
Finish Line Festival
After the race, reunite with family and friends and relish in your post race accomplishment with refreshments and live music at the Finish Line Festival Main Stage. The Finish Line Festival will run from 10am – 1pm and with all the activity and atmosphere it is the perfect way to celebrate!
Finish Line Festival Headline Bands – Coming soon…
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, you may not give or sell your race number to anyone else, and you may not transfer your entry fee to future races.
- If you attempt to sell your race number, you may be banned from future Competitor Group events for three years.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate in the Half Marathon.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenge of a Half Marathon.
- You must show photo ID to receive your race number and timing chip.
- You must pick up your own race packet and race number at the Health & Fitness Expo.
- Race numbers are required to participate.
- No coaches, bikes, in-line skates, skateboards, baby joggers or dogs will be allowed on the course.
Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Sorry, no exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. You also may not transfer your application to the following year or another Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series event.
The top 3 male and female Irish runners will receive:
Overseas prize money
1st Sub 67 min male €100
1st Sub 77 min female €100
The official course time limit is a strict 3.5 hours (approx. 16min/mile pace) in order for us to meet deadlines to reopen key access roads in Dublin. The race will utilize a wave start; your official time will not start until you cross the start line. A tail vehicle will follow at a 3.5 hour pace. If at any time a participant drops behind the tail vehicle, the participant will be picked up in the tail vehicle and transported to the finish line or to a suitable location to complete the race. Any athlete who refuses to get on the tail vehicle will be automatically out of the race and will be asked by race officials and the police to compete the race on the footpath at their own risk. Water stations, first aid points, course toilets etc will be closed down in line with these timings, as will finish line infrastructure, meaning that these athletes will not receive an official finishing time or race medal. Please also be aware also that slow runners may be asked to wait at tram track crossing points to allow trams to pass.
- Half Marathon
- Start Time: 8:30 am
- Start: North Wall Quay & Castleforbes Road
- Finish: Chesterfield Avenue, Phoenix Park
- Fun Run
- Start Time: 11:45 am
- Start: Chesterfield Avenue, Phoenix Park
- Finish: Chesterfield Avenue, Phoenix Park
- Course Profile: NEW Course in 2014!
- 2nd & 3rd August 2014
- Location: RDS – Serpentine Hall, Dublin
- Date: 2 & 3 August 2014
- Expo Hours: 11am-5pm Saturday & Sunday